Please visit the other 'Bricks' blogs:
ArtisticBricks ComicBricks ContestBricks DisneyBricks GodBricks
MicroBricks MinilandBricks SciBricks TolkienBricks VignetteBricks

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Mines of Moria MOCs

Alright, we've seen LEGO's take on the Mines of Moria, let's see what AFOLs have done. Here I'll focus on MOCs of the Chamber of Mazarbul. As I noted before, LEGO could have easily gotten additional set designs based on the Doors of Durin and on the Bridge of Khazad Dum. There are great MOCs out there based on both of those scenes and I'll come to those at another time. Anyway, let's start off with Lee Jones' amazing Moria built for BrickWorld 2011.



I like how Brian Graham's version starts out with Gandalf reading. "We cannot get out ... drums, drums in the deep ... they are coming ...", but he also has some great action scenes.




I really like the statues in Marcin Kitala's version.



If we simply must go with Peter Jackson's misinterpretation of the text (grumble grumble grumble), YU built an amazing cave troll.




I like the low light in Brickman101's scene.



Brickaholic Productions has a huge gallery.



BirdBoyJohan has a series of Tolkien MOCs that I'll have to dig into, including his Chamber of Mazarbul.



There are lots of others, but I'll just finish out with my own effort. I was quite happy with the lighting effect here. Note that Boromir is watching in the hall, which has a blue lighting, but there's a shaft of sunlight from above falling on Balin's tomb.



No comments:

Post a Comment