Please visit the other 'Bricks' blogs:
ArtisticBricks ComicBricks ContestBricks DisneyBricks GodBricks
MicroBricks MinilandBricks SciBricks TolkienBricks VignetteBricks

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Ta-runda runda runda rom!

My third round entry to the MELO was the Ents' Marching Song.

We come, we come with roll of drum: ta-runda runda runda rom!
We come, we come with horn and drum: ta-runa runa runa rom!
To Isengard! Though Isengard be ringed and barred with doors of stone;
Though Isengard be stong and hard, as cold as stone and bare as bone,
We go, we go, we go to war, to hew the stone and break the door;
For bole and bough are burning now, the furnace roars - we go to war!
To land of gloom with tramp of doom, with roll of drum, we come, we come;
To Isengard with doom we come!
With doom we come, with doom we come!



Fourth-wall commentary - Well, here my little twist of illustrating poems didn't lead me in any more interesting directions. The judges' description of the category (March of the Ents) pretty much asked for Ents attacking Orthanc, and the only relevant poem was pretty much just that. I was fairly happy with the articulation of my ent:



And also the forced perspective trick:



I was particularly pleased with how my micro Orthanc came out, and will be keeping that together.



The weak point of the MOC was obviously the ent's head, and perhaps the overall shaping of his body in general. My opponent Jacob Nion's ent was significantly better than mine, and he got the win. I'll be sure to feature his MOC when it's available. Over all I was quite happy with the contest. It really helped get me back into building and I'll probably illustrate more of Tolkien's poems in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment